The old way
- A business manager requests a DPA.
- Their lawyer starts searching for the template. If files are stored in different locations, this can take considerable time.
- Once found, the lawyer sends the template to the requester.
- The template is then filled out by the manager and sent for legal review.
- If an outdated version is accidentally used, the process restarts. Once everything is in order, Legal sends the reviewed DPA to the manager.
- It’s then forwarded to the client to sign.
- After it’s signed, the DPA returns to Legal and is stored somewhere like a shared drive or drawer where it’s promptly forgotten forever.
Read about DPA